Master of Science(MS) in Economics
Master of Science(MS) in Economics at UIU is designed to equip students to pursue higher studies in Economics in any North American or equivalent universities. A conscious emphasis is given in teaching applied economics courses to help our graduates meet the challenges of designing and evaluating policies. This blend is unique in Bangladesh and will help in grooming our graduates for policy level jobs.
ELIGIBILITY FOR ADMISSION
Students seeking admission in the MS in economics program must meet the following criteria:
- Have a bachelor degree in Economics or have completed the following undergraduate courses from a reputed university:Microeconomics, macroeconomics, mathematical economics, statistics for economists, econometrics, and at least 6 credits of 300/400 level courses in economics.
- Must pass the university admission test.
(a) A minimum CGPA of 2.0
(b) Completion of 30 credits
COURSE /CREDIT REQUIREMENTS AND PROGRAM DURATION
MS in Economics is a 30 credit program with option for a research monograph or an MS Thesis at the end. Ideally it should take one year to complete the course requirements plus one semester to complete the thesis/research monograph.
COMPONENTS OF THE PROGRAM
There are three components of the program :
- Core Course (4 x 3 = 12 credits)
- Elective Economics Courses (4 x 3 = 12 credits)
- Thesis(1x 6= 6 credits)/ Research Paper (1 x 3= 3 credits)*
*Students opting for Research Paper shall have to do 5 elective economics courses.