Course Waiver/Credit transfer Policy for MBA
A student must have obtained at least a grade of B or equivalent in a similar course from any reputed institution for getting a course waiver. Course waiver is allowed only for the ten foundation level courses. Maximum allowed credit hours for course waiver/credit transfer is 30. However, for MBA in Professional Accounting, students partly or fully qualified by professional accounting bodies (such as ICAB, ICMAB, CIMA, etc.) that are members of the International Federation of Accountants (IFAC) may be allowed waiver/credit transfer of the core courses, and concentration area course subject to approval of the Course Equivalence Committee (CEC) of SOBE. The waived/transferred credits for MBA in Professional Accounting must not exceed 60% of the total credits of the program.
Course Waiver/Credit transfer Policy for MBA/EMBA Program
- Students should have a grade of “B” and above (at least 60% marks in traditional system) in any course at the Bachelor/Graduate level for course waiver/credit transfer.
- Course waiver/credit transfer can be allowed only for MBA / EMBA foundation level courses.
- A student can apply for Course waiver/Credit transfer for a maximum of 10 courses of MBA Foundation level courses. However, for MBA in Professional Accounting, students partly or fully qualified by professional accounting bodies (such as ICAB, ICMBA, CIMA, etc.) that are members of the International Federation of Accounts (IFAC) may be allowed waiver/credit transfer of the core courses, and concentration are course subject to approval of the Course Equivalence Committee (CEC) of SOBE. The waived/transferred credits of MBA in Professional Accounting must not exceed 60% of the total credits of the program.
- Students with a two year Bachelor degree or pass course will not be allowed any waiver. No waiver/transfer will be allowed for courses done in a Diploma program or for courses done in a program not yet completed.
- The syllabus of previous program will be considered by the committee for a waiver decision.
- The decision of course waiver committee shall be final.
- Application for course waiver must be made in the Prescribed Form along with the following documents-
- Copy of academic transcript/mark sheet
- Detailed Syllabus of previous program.
- Course waiver/Credit transfer application must be made within 10 days after the student got admitted to UIU. Students who will not apply for course waiver within the stipulated time will not be granted any course waiver later on. But students are strongly advised to apply for course waiver/Credit transfer at the earliest possible time to facilitate course selection/course registration.
Please remember that the requisite grade DOES NOT GUARANTEE any course waiver.