Islam, ShafiqulAssistant ProfessorMobile : +88019904071671Email : firstname.lastname@example.org ; email@example.com
MPhil in Law (University of Oslo, Norway)
Concentration: Business and Human Rights Law
Average Grade: B according to ECTS grading system (European Credit Transfer System)
Year of Completion : 2016
World Ranking of the University of Oslo: 113 (2016-2017)
MSc in Gender and Development (Sweden, Norway and UK), degree awarded by Lund University, Sweden
Concentration: Labor Market Inequality
Average Grade: A (Distinction) according to ECTS grading system (European Credit Transfer System)
Year of Completion : 2012
World Ranking of the Lund University: 73 (2016-2017)
BSS (Hon’s) and MSS (First Class) in Sociology (University of Dhaka)
Higher Secondary Certificate (HSC)
Institution: Dhaka College, Dhaka
Result: First Division
Secondary School Certificate (SSC)
Institution: Gazipur K.A.L. High School
Result: First Division with Star Marks
- Islam, S. 2012. Gender Inequality in the Global Labor Market: A Case Study on Bangladeshi Female Immigrants in London. Germany: Lambert Academic Publishing, ISBN: 978-3-8443- 9834-2
- Islam, S.2018. Global Care Chain & Gender Inequality: The Case of Philippines, Sri Lanka & Bangladesh. Socioeconomica-The Scientific Journal for Theory and Practice of Socio- economic Development, 7:13, 71-88,DOI:dx.doi.org/10.12803/SJSECO.71306
- Islam, S. and Akter, S. 2018. Gender Stereotypes in the Bangladeshi Business Firms. Arts and Social Science Journal, 9:4, 1-7. DOI: 10.4172/2151-6200.1000382
- Islam, S. 2017. Gender Difference- How does it Affect Trade Union Struggle? A Qualitative Study on Female Workers of Bangladeshi RMG Industries. Socioeconomica-The Scientific Journal for Theory and Practice of Socio-economic Development, 6:12, 165-178. DOI: dx.doi.org/10.12803/SJSECO.61204
- Islam, S. 2016. ‘Ideal Victims’ of Sexualized Violence: Why is it always Female? European Journal of Research in Social Sciences, 4:8, 82-91
- Islam, S. 2016. Truth and Social Science Theories: Starting from the End and there is no Panacea. International Journal of Scientific and Research Publications, 6:10, 595-599
- Islam. S. 2016. Feminization of Employment and Gender Inequality of Bangladeshi Labor Market: The Case of Garment Industries. Developing Country Studies, 6:2,157-168
7. Jahan S. and Islam, S. 2012.Human Resource Management Practices and Employee Turnover: A Study on Private University in Bangladesh. Journal of Management, Dhaka University, 2:2, 35-50
8. Uddin, J., Islam, S. and Romke, R.A. 2011. Health Belief Model and Healer Choice in a Medically Pluralistic Society: A Study on Urban Youths in Dhaka City.ASA University Review, 4:2, 27-38
9.Islam, S. and Uddin, J. 2010. Parents’ Media Exposure and Perception towards Adolescent Reproductive Health in Bangladesh. ASA University Review, 1:1,153-166
10. Billah, M. M. and Islam, S.2009. Human Resource Management Practices and Organizational Commitment: A Study of Private Commercial Banks in Bangladesh. Journal of Business Studies, 4:1,189-200
11. Billah, M. M., Prince, S. A. and Islam, S. 2009. Human Resource Management Practices and Employee Turnover: A Study on Private Commercial Banks in Bangladesh. Journal of Business and Technology (Dhaka), 4: 1,43-56
12. Amanullah, A.S.M., Karim, S. F., Kabir, M. S. and Islam, S. 2008. Mental Health and Self- esteem: Public vs. Private University Students in Journal of Business and Technology (Dhaka), 3:5, 96-108
13. Amanullah, A.S.M., Islam, S. and Khan, M. I. 2007.Exposure to Media and HIV/AIDS- Related Risk Practices among Adolescents and Youths in Bangladesh: A Sociological Study. Journal of Business and Technology (Dhaka),2: 2,12-21
14. Amanullah, A.S.M. and Islam, S. 2006. Behavior Change communication (BCC) on FP-MCH and Demand-Based Health Issues. Journal of Business and Technology (Dhaka), 1: 2,5-17
- Worked as an Organizer and Reporter on “ The 6th World Congress Against the Death Penalty” held in Oslo, Norway from 21-23 June 2016, organized by ECPM (Montreal, France) in partnership the World Coalition Against the Death Penalty
- Worked as an Organizer on “Approaching Human Rights Issues During Political Crisis,” held in Oslo on November 10, 2015, at the Norwegian Center for Human Rights, University of Oslo, Norway.
- Worked as an Organizer on “Intersectional Discrimination among Immigrant Women in Scandinavian Countries” held in Lund, Sweden from 18 April 2012 to 19 April 2012, organized by the Department of Gender Studies, Lund University, Sweden.
- Member, Organizing Committee, International Seminar & Workshop on “Awareness of Breast Cancer among Bangladeshi Women”. The workshop was organized in December 2006 at Dhaka University with the assistance of the Faculty of Behavioral Sciences, The University of Sydney, Australia.
- Worked as a member for international seminar on “Health Equity in Health System of Bangladesh”. The workshop was organized jointly by CIDA, Social Development Policies Division, Quebec, Canada and IUB in May 2005 in Bangladesh.
- Worked as a member for international seminar & workshop on “Gender and Human Resources for Health: Capacity Development through Education and Training”. The workshop was jointly organized in October 2004 by Canadian International Development Agency (CIDA), Canada and University Grants Commission of Bangladesh (UGC).
i. Gender Inequality in the Global Labor Market: A Case Study on Bangladeshi Female Immigrants in London. (Thesis completed over 30 ECTS at Lund University, Sweden for the MSc Degree; Fieldwork was in London, UK)
ii. Struggle for Labor Rights in the Bangladeshi Garment Industry: Focus on the Freedom of Association. (Thesis completed over 60 ECTS at University of Oslo, Norway for the MPhil Degree; Fieldwork was in Dhaka, Bangladesh)