Year-wise Conference Paper List
*** This page is still under construction.
|Year||Papers Presented in Conference Author (s), Title Name of Conferences Venue, dates|
|2014||1. Job security, compensation, supervisory support and intention to quit among academicians in private universities in Bangladesh. This paper has been accepted in the International Conference on Business Management (ICBM) 2014 will be held in August 20-22, 2014.
2. Islamic Microfinance in Bangladesh: A Shariah Based Poverty Alleviation Mechanism 7th International Conference of IIUC( International Islamic University Chittagong) 7th Conference, 19-20 December 2014
3. Implication of Balanced Scorecard in the Textile Sectors of Bangladesh: A Synopsis; Masum, M.H. and Fakir A.N.M.A (2014); The Fourth International Congress on Interdisciplinary Research and Development, Held in Bangkok, Thailand, May 30-31, 2014.
|2013||1. Validity of the Center-Periphery Linkage in the Economy of Bangladesh: An Empirical Investigation (Coauthor). Bangladesh Economic Journal, V II, Issue II, p. 66-74. December2013.
3. Managing the Key Account: To What Extend Readymade Garments Industry in Bangladesh Perform? with Noor Azila MohdNor, Accepted to present in the Asia Pacific Marketing & Management Conference 2013 (APMMC2013), 20-22 November, 2013.
4. Research in the Private Universities in Bangladesh: Explaining Motivation & Performance ,BDI Conference: Bringing the policy action divide: challenges and prospects for Bangladesh, to be held in March 29-30,2013, California, USA.(Paper accepted.).
|2012||1. Exploring Teachers’ Attitude towards the Students: A Case Study on private University, article presented in the 6th National Annual Quality Convention on Education (NAQCE) 2012, jointly organized by Bangladesh Society for Total Quality Management (BSTQM) and Ahsanullah University of Science & Technology (AUST), Dhaka, Bangladesh. (12 October, 2012).
2. Being a life member of the Bangladesh Economic Association, he attended the 18th Biennial Conference of Bangladesh Economic Association titled “Global Economy and Vision 2021” held from September 13, 2012 to September 15, 2012 at Institution of Engineers, Dhaka, Bangladesh.
3. Shakila Aziz, Shahriar Ahmed Chowdhury, A Real Options Approach to Evaluating the Profitability of Photovoltaic based Mini-Grids in Bangladesh, Proceedings of the Second IEEE International Conference on the Developments in Renewable Energy Technology, Dhaka, Bangladesh, pp.226- 230, January, 2012
4. Shakila Aziz, Shahriar Ahmed Chowdhury, The Potential for CDM Financing in the Tannery Industry of Bangladesh, Proceedings of the Second IEEE International Conference on the Developments in Renewable Energy Technology, Dhaka, Bangladesh, pp.401- 404, January, 2012.
5. Shakila Aziz, Shahriar Ahmed Chowdhury, A Description of Human Resource Development in the Solar Home System Industry in Bangladesh, Proceedings of the Second IEEE International Conference on the Developments in Renewable Energy Technology, Dhaka, Bangladesh, pp.384-387, January, 2012
6. Shahriar Ahmed Chowdhury, Shakila Aziz, Solar-Diesel Hybrid Energy Model for Base Transceiver Station (BTS) of Mobile Operators, Proceedings of the Second IEEE International Conference on the Developments in Renewable Energy Technology, Dhaka, Bangladesh, pp.252- 257, January, 2012.
7. Faculty research: A view from the ranks, International Conference : Quality in Higher Education, held in February 02-03,2012,IUBAT, Dhaka, Bangladesh.(Paper Presented).
8. Market-oriented journalism and perceived credibility of television news in Bangladesh, ICA(International Communication Association) Conference, held in May 26-28,2012, at Phonix, USA. (Paper presented)
9. AbdulazizMubark M A, SharifulAlam M, Sahabuddin M, Saeed ASA. Measuring Service Quality: Realistic Example from the Hotel Industry. 2012 International Conference In Humanities, Social Sciences and Global Business Management (ISSGBM 2012); 2012 December 30-31; Singapore: Singapore Management and Sports Science Institute.
10. AbdulazizMubark M A, ArifurRahman M, SharifulAlam M, Shahabuddin, editors. Determining Salient Characteristics of Chinese Tourists to Understand the Differences among the Groups. Proceedings of the 9th International Conference on Innovation and Management; 2012 November 14-16; Eindhoven, The Netherlands: Wuhan University of Technology Press, Wuhan, China.
|2011||1. Measuring Service Quality: A Comparative Assessment Based on Customer Service of HSBC and DBBL, Journal of Banking & Financial Services, Vol.5, Number 1, July 2011 Department of Banking, Faculty of Business Studies, University of Dhaka.
2. Health, Physical Activity and Intra-Household Food Allocation: Revisiting the Evidence of
3. Allocation of Resources on Addictive Goods and Eating outside Home: the Effect of
4. Energy Smoke and Mirrors in Maryland – Problems of Existing Policies and the Need to Rethink Maryland’s Electric Power Future. Research Paper, Coauthor. Maryland School of Public Policy, USA. Available online. September, 2011.
5. Breaking Away from the Advertisement Clutter in the Face of Media Fragmentation (2011) Umana Anjalin and Abu Saleh Md. Sohel-Uz-Zaman, First International Conference on Emerging Research Paradigms in Business and Social Sciences, 2011, Dubai, UAE.
6. Mia, M. B. and Ramage, M. (2011), Overlapping and Information Systems in Microcredit: a Bangladesh perspective, Second European Research Conference on Microfinance, 16-18 June, 2011. Groningen, Netherlands,
7. Mia, M. B. and Ramage, M. (2011). IT Project Management in Developing Countries:approach and factors affecting success in the microfinance sector in Bangladesh, 6th International Research Workshop on IT Project Management, ICIS 2011, December 4-7, 2011, Shanghai, China.
8. Shahriar A. Chowdhury, Shakila Aziz, Mahfuzur Rahman , Status of SHS Dissemination in Bangladesh: Experience with Technology, Financing and Quality Control , Proceedings of the 2nd Symposium of Small PV-Applications, 2011, Ulm, Germany.
9. Improving Quality Management System of Textile Laboratory: Empirical Study on Bangladeshi Textile Industry, Article presented in the 2nd International Conference on Business and Economic Research (2nd ICBER 2011) organized by Conference Master Resources, Holiday Villa Beach Resort and Spa, Langkawi Kedah, Malaysia (14-16 March 2011). Article No: 460, PG: 2389-2402.
|2010||1. SharifulAlam M, Rajib MSU, Arefin MS. Cost of Quality Considering the Latent Variable: SMEs Sector of Bangladesh. 7th International Conference on Innovation & Management; December 4-5; Wuhan, China: Wuhan University of Technology Press; 2010
2. SharifulAlam M, Rajib MSU, Arefin MS. Cultural Transition and Innovative Entrepreneurship. 5th International Conference on Product Innovation and Management, Wuhan, PR China; 2010.
3. Rajib MSU, SharifulAlam M, Arefin MS, editors. Managing Rapid Change Through Re-Engineering: An Object Oriented Successful Implementation Perspective. 3rd International Institute of Statistics & Management Engineering Symposium, Weihai, China; 2010.
4. A conference paper presented in Asian Network for Quality Congress (ANQ, Delhi, 2010) titled “Comparative Study of Library Service Quality in Bangladesh: A focus on Public vs. Private Universities”.
5. A paper on “The Impact of Stock Market Development on Economic Growth: Evidence from SAARC countries” presented at the 3rd International Colloquium on Business & Management (ICBM), Bangkok, 2010. ISBN No. : 978-0-9864591-7-7.
6. Being a life member of the Bangladesh Economic Association, he attended the 17th Biennial Conference of Bangladesh Economic Association titled “Economy at the Golden Jubilee of War of Liberation: Bangladesh, We Want to See” held from April 08, 2010 to April10, 2010 at Osmani Memorial Auditorium, Dhaka, Bangladesh.
|2009||1. Barua, S., Mamun Mridha A. H. A. and Khan R. H., ‘Housing Real Estate Sector in Bangladesh: Present State and Policies Required’. Journal of Business Studies, ASA University of Bangladesh, 2009.
2. Credibility of TV News in Bangladesh: What really matters to the audience? Conference on “Ideas and Innovations for the Development of Bangladesh: The Next Decade “, held in October 9-10,2009, at Harvard University, Boston, USA.(Paper presented)
3. Entrepreneurial dynamism in the hospital management: comparative study between Sylhet MAG Osmany Medical College Hospital and Jalalabad Ragib Rabeya Medical College Hospital (Abstract), with Bashir Ahmed Bhuiyan and Mohamed Abdul Hye, in the 18th Annual Frontiers In Service Conference, at the Shidler College of Business, University of Hawaii at Manoa, Hawaii, USA, October 29 – November 1, 2009.
|2008||1. Trade Liberalization and Poverty Linkage: A Case Study of the Cellular Phone Sector in Bangladesh (Coauthor). Chapter 3 in ‘Trade-Development-Poverty Linkages: Reflections from Selected Asian and Sub-Saharan African Countries, Volume II – Sector Case Studies’ edited by Selim Raihan and Mohammad A. Razzaque. CUTS International, India. 2008.
2. Innovation in Pedagogy in the University of Asia Pacific (2008) Chowdhury, S R, Anjalin, U, and Sohel-Uz-Zaman, A S M, First International Conference of Global Business and Management Forum, Theme – Emerging Paradigms of Global Entrepreneurship and Management: Issues and Challenges organized by Pearl School of Business, Gurgaon, India and GHS-IMR Kanpur, India [Paper No. LI06].
3. A theoretical framework for quality assurance in higher education of Bangladesh, with Bashir Ahmed Bhuiyan and Sahansha Molla presented in the Harvard University-BDI Conference, USA, June 13-14, 2008.
4. Shariful Alam, A. Hai, M. N. Ahmed and Sarker Rafij Ahmed Ratan (2008): “Sustainable strategies for Ready Made Garments Industry in Bangladesh. Focused on Labor-Employer Conflict and Political Vulnerability”The 5th International Conference on Innovation and Management (ICIM 2008), Maastricht, Netherlands.
|2007||1. “Bridging the Gap in the Knowledge Economy- an Exploratory Study”, Proceedings of the International Seminar of 9th South Asian Management Forum, SAARC, Hosted jointly by AMDISA and North South University, Dhaka, Feb 24-25, 2007.
2. Ashraf M.A. and Mamun Mridha, A.H.A., ‘The Baker- Hopkins Model of equity capital growth under the Western and Islamic system of banking: A comparative Analysis’. Journal of Socio Economic Research and Development (JSERD), Vol 4, Issue 1, 2 & 3, 2007.
3. Does Women’s Status Matter for Food Security? Evidence from Bangladesh (Coauthor). Research Paper No. 2007/79. United Nations University-World Institute for Development Economics Research (UNU-WIDER). 2007.
4. Domestic Violence against Women: Implications for Intra-Household Resource Allocation (Coauthor). Research Paper No. 2007/80. United Nations University-World Institute for Development Economics Research (UNU-WIDER). 2007.
5. Non-Traditional Exports: A Brief Review of Some Selected Sector-Specific and General Constraints (Coauthor). Chapter 5 in ‘Trade and Industrial Policy Environment in Bangladesh with Special Reference to Some Non-Traditional Export Sectors’ edited by Mohammad A. Razzaque and Selim Raihan. Pathak Shamabesh, Dhaka. 2007..
6. Shariful Alam and Keomony Lay and Sarker Rafij Ahmed Ratan (2007): “Kaizen or Innovation? Finding a Better Fit for Bangladeshi Mobile Telecommunication Companies.” The 4th International Conference on Innovation and Management (ICIM07), Yamaguchi University, Japan.
7. Sarker Rafij Ahmed Ratan and Shariful Alam (2007): “Integration of IT in Quality Management in Education: Bangladesh Perspective.” The Conference for Total Quality Management Implementation, The Bangladesh Society for Total Quality Management (BSTQM).
8. Management Forum 2007 (Held on January 27, 2008 in Institution of Business Administration-IBA, Rajshahi University; organized jointly by IBA, DU and AMDIB): Paper presented and published in proceedings; titled, ‘The Impact of Emergency Price Control Measures on Small Importers of Essential Commodities and Subsequent Long Term Affect on National Economy’.
9. Joarder, H. & Ashraf, M. A. (2007). “Quality Management and Cost of Education in Private Universities in Bangladesh: A Case Study. Paper presented in the Fifth ASEAN Conference organized by Universiti Utara Malaysia held in Kuala Lumpur on August 25-26, 2007.
10. SharifulAlam M, Keomony L, Varying Marketing Mix From Country to Country: A Realistic Example from Mercedes Brand. The 3rd International Conference on Innovation and Management IM-2006; 2006; Wuhan, PR China.
11. Li B, SharifulAlam M, Chen Y, editors. Marketing Implication of Lucky Number in China. The 4th International Conference on Innovation and Management (ICIM07); 2007; Yamaguchi University, Japan.
|2005||1. Marketing Innovation – A Bangladesh Perspective (2005) Abu Saleh Md. Sohel-Uz-Zaman, Rabeya L. Yousuf and Umana Anjalin, International Conference on Innovation and Management 2005, Wuhan University of Technology, Wuhan, P. R. China.
2. Breaking the Isolation: A Way to Effective Innovation (2005) Abu Saleh Md. Sohel-Uz-Zaman, Umana Anjalin and Rabeya L. Yousuf, International Conference on Innovation and Management 2005, Wuhan University of Technology, Wuhan, P.R.China.
3. Innovative Organisational Culture – Putting HR and Culture at the Heart of Innovation (2005) Xie Ke-fan and Abu Saleh Md. Sohel-Uz-Zaman, International Conference on Innovation and Management 2005, Wuhan University of Technology, Wuhan, P.R. China.
4. E-Globalization Strategic Framework: Opportunities, Issues and Strategies (2005) Munir Zunaira, Hu ShuHua and Sohel-Uz-Zaman Abu Saleh Md., International Conference on Management Science and Engineering 2005, University of Incheon, R. Korea, Harbin Institute of Technology, P .R. China and State University of Management, Russia, Incheon, R. Korea.
5. Impact of Jamuna Multipurpose Bridge on the Local Economy (2005) Shahriyar Anam, Abu Saleh Md. Sohel-Uz-Zaman and Iftekhar Anam, IABSE Conference 2005, International Association for Bridge and Structural Engineering, ETH-Honggerberg, Zurich (Switzerland) organised by Indian National Group of the IABSE, New Delhi, India.
6. Case Study on Poverty Alleviation in Munshiganj Low Land Area (2005) Abu Saleh Md. Sohel-Uz-Zaman, Shahriyar Anam and Iftekhar Anam, IABSE Conference 2005, International Association for Bridge and Structural Engineering, ETH-Honggerberg, Zurich (Switzerland) organised by Indian National Group of the IABSE, New Delhi, India.
7. Mia, M. B. (2005). ICT in Microfinance: A Bangladesh Perspective. In S. Mathison (Ed.) Electronic Banking with the Poor: Increasing the Outreach and Sustainability of Microfinance through IT Innovation, Federation for Development Cooperation, Brisbane, Australia.
8. Ashraf, M. A., & Joarder, H. R. (2005). “A Glimpse of Energy Sources and Prospects of Solar Photovoltaic Power in Bangladesh,” A Paper presented to a Seminar Organized by City University on Energy Policy on the 3rd December.
|2004||1. Insurance Policy for Seismic Damage and Bangladesh Perspective (2004) Rabeya L. Yousuf , Shahriyar Anam A. S. M. Sohel-Uz-Zaman and Iftekhar Anam, The Third International Conference on Continental Earthquakes – Mechanism, Prediction, Emergency Management & Insurance, Beijing, P. R. China.
2. Earthquake Emergency Management: A Plan For Bangladesh (2004) A. S. M. Sohel-Uz-Zaman, Shahriyar Anam, Rabeya L. Yousuf and Iftekhar Anam, The Third International Conference on Continental Earthquakes – Mechanism, Prediction, Emergency Management & Insurance, Beijing, P. R. China.
3. Presented a paper on Instruments of Local Financial Reform and their Impact on Service delivery –a Case Study of Bangladesh, in Sixth SANEI Annual Conference at New Delhi, India from 26th and 27th, 2004.
|2003||1. Dr. Amirul Islam Chowdhury ;Education in Bangladesh—Is there a case for Consumers’ Protection Law?—Higher Education; a paper presented at the International Workshop on Consumer Rights in Bangladesh, Dhaka, January 12-13, 2003.
2. Dr. Mir Obaidur Rahman; Participant from Bangladesh as a key paper presenter on the International Conference on E-Governance at the Indian Institute of Technology, School of management, New Delhi, India. December 16-18, 2003
|2002||1. Dr. Amirul Islam Chowdhury;Decentralization and Institution Restructuring; a paper presented at the Regional Workshop from 14-17the December on Governance, Partnership and Poverty, sponsored by The Commonwealth Secretariat and CIRDAP, Dhaka on 16thDecember 2002.
2. Dr. Amirul Islam Chowdhury ;Recent Attempts in Financing Urban Infrastructure; a paper presented at the Centre for Urban Studies (CUS) 30th Anniversary Conference Towards Liveable Cities, held at Dhaka on 1-2 November 2002.
2. “Performance of Simulated Managed Portfolios In Bangladesh IPO Market” in the conference proceedings at the 2001 International Business & Economics Research Conference held in Reno, Neveda, USA. (Co-authored with Dr. Monzurul Hoque).
|2000||1. “Initial Public Offering-The Case of Bangladesh” Dr. Mohammad Musa presented in Conference of Association of International Business, Chicago, 2000
2. Dr. Amirul Islam Chowdhury ;Higher Education in Bangladesh: Present Peril and Future Promise, presented at the Seminar on Bangladesh on the Threshold of the Twenty-First Century arranged by Asiatic Society of Bangladesh, Dhaka, on 27th and 28th April 2000.
|1999||1. State of Urban Infrastructure Financing in Bangladesh, a paper presented in the seminar on Infrastructure and Development arranged by Bangladesh Economic Association and Department of Economics, Jahangirnagar University on September 11, 1999.
2. Employment and Education, a paper presented in the National Seminar on ‘Bangladesh in the 21st Century: Socio-economic Perspective’, organizes by the Society for International Development (SID)-Bangladesh Chapter held on 27thNovember 1999 at Dhaka.
|1998||1. Dhaka City Corporation: Better Resource Management and Resource Mobilization through Good Governance, a paper presented by Dr. Amirul Islam Chowdhury at the Workshop on Solid Waste Management, Administration and Finance of Dhaka City Corporation on 7th December 1998, organised by Bangladesh Centre for Advanced Studies (BCAS) and Centre for Urban Studies (CUS) with Dhaka City Corporation supported by Urban Management Programme, UPM, Asia.|
|1996||1. “Subsidies and Inefficiency: A Stochastic Frontier Approach,” with Sakano R. and K. Obeng. Presented at the Western Economic Association meeting held at San Francisco, June 29-July 2, 1996.
2. “Transit subsidies, Allocative Distortion and Input Demand”, with K. Obeng. Presented at the Western Economic Association meeting held in San Francisco, June 29-July 2, 1996.
|1994||1. Dr. Amirul Islam Chowdhury presented a country paper on Municipal Financing for Child Development in Kathmandu on 21st December-27thDecember 1994, sponsored by UNICEF|
|1993||1. “Post Event Period security Returns and Market Efficiency”. Dissertation Proposal. Presented by Dr. Amirul Islam Chowdhury in FMA Doctoral Student Seminar. October 1993.|
|1992||1. “The Intended Relationship Between Federal operating subsidy and Cost,” with K. Obeng; Dr. Abul H Azam presented at the Southern Economic Association Meeting held in San Francisco, July 9-13, 1992.
2. Urbanization and Economic Consequences in Bangladesh, a paper presented by Dr. Amirul Islam Chowdhury in a seminar organised by Bangladesh Institute of Development Studies (BIDS) in 1992.
3. “Government Debt and U.S. German interest Rate Differential,” with Faik Koray; Dr. Abul H Azam presented at the Western Economic Association Meeting held in San Francisco, July 9-13, 1992.
|1990||1. “Twin Deficit linkages, Some Empirical Results.” Presented by Dr. Abul H Azam at the Eastern Economic Association Meeting, Cincinnati, Ohio, March 29-April 1, 1990.|
|1989||1. Dr. Amirul Islam Chowdhury read a paper titled Caught in Quagmire: Review of Development Issues in Bangladesh in a Seminar arranged by Bangladesh Institute of International and Strategic Studies (BIISS), Dhaka on 19th August 1989.
|1988||1. Real Factors in Exchange Rate Determination”. Dr. Abul H Azam with Farida Azam. Presented at the Eastern Economic Association Meeting, Boston, Mass, March 10-12, 1988|
|1987||1. Dr. Amirul Islam Chowdhury Presented a Paper on Municipal Financing in Bangladesh in The National Institute of Public Finance and Policies, New Delhi in 1987.|
|1980||1. Dr. Amirul Islam Chowdhury Presented a paper on the Financing of Rural Housing in Bangladesh on 12th January 1980 at Dhaka in a Seminar on Rural Housing sponsored by UNDP, Dhaka.|
|1979||1. Dr. Abul H Azam ,Participant, Negotiated International Economic Change, Assessing Progress after UNCTADV, Institute of Developing Studies, Sussex University, Brighton, U.K., June 2-29, 1979.|