PhD in Marketing, Putra Business School (PBS) (AACSB accredited), UPM, Serdang, Malaysia .
MBA & BBA (Marketing); Department of Marketing; Faculty of Business Administration, University of Dhaka, Bangladesh.
HSC ; Dhaka College, Dhaka.
SSC ; Kalmegha Elimjun High School, Shakhipu, Tangail.
Visiting Research Fellow: Year – 2010
University: University Lumiere Lyon 2, France
Institute: Institut Universitaire de Technologie (IUT),
Duration of the Study: 10 months, (Under Erasmus Mundus Scholarship Program)
School of Business and Economics, United International University(UIU)
- Associate Professor, Duration: December 18, 2022 –Till now
- Designation: Assistant Professor, Duration: February 1, 2009 –December 18, 2022.
- Designation: Senior Lecturer, Duration: June 1, 2007 to January 31, 2009.
- Designation: Lecturer, Duration: June 1, 2006 to May 31, 2007.
Department of Business Administration, Asian University of Bangladesh
- Designation: Lecturer , Duration: October 1, 2005 to May 31, 2006
- Consumer Behavior
- Relationship Marketing
- Education Quality
- Sustainable Supply chain Management
- Sustainable Brand Management
Published Journal Papers:
- Joarder, M. H. R., Ashraf, M. A., Ratan, S. R. A., & Jakowan, J. (2022). Does faculty well-being mediate the relationship between HR practices and quality education? Evidence from developing context. Cypriot Journal of Educational Science. 17(11), 4074-4091. https://doi.org/10.18844/cjes.v17i11.7183. Scopus indexed, Q3.
- Ratan, S.R.A., Ashraf, M.A., Tat, H.H. and Latiff, A.S.A. (2021) Effects of food safety and perceived social support on mediating consumers’ attitude toward organic food purchase. Food Research, 5(4), 350-359. Scopus indexed, Q3.
- Ratan, S.R.A., Tat, H.H., Latiff, A.S.A. and Nadarajah, D. (2021). Achieving Favourable Organic Food Purchase Behavior through the Mediating Role of Healthy Food choice : An Approach of Health Economics. Studies of Applied Economics,39(10). Scopus indexed, Q3.
- Hon Tat, Huam., Nadarajah, Devika., Rak Jie Chan, Ai Chin Thoo, Ahmed Ratan, Sarker Rafij. (2021). The Quality And Satisfaction Of Online Higher Education Environment. Turkish Journal of Computer and Mathematics Education (TURCOMAT), 12(6), 1004-1010. Scopus Indexed, Q4.
- Mohd Hasanur Raihan Joarder, Mohammad Ali Ashraf, & Sarker Rafij Ahmed Ratan. (2020). Quality Education From Faculty Management Perspectives in Private Higher Education: Does Faculty Commitment Behavior Mediate? International Journal of Education, 8(1), 190-206. Scopus indexed, Q3.
- Mohammad Ali Ashraf, Mohd Hasanur Raihan Joarder, & Sarker Rafij Ahmed Ratan, (2019). Consumers’ anti-consumption behavior toward organic food purchase: an analysis using SEM. British Food Journal,121 No. 1, pp 104-122 https://doi.org/10.1108/BFJ-02-2018-0072. Scopus indexed, Q1.
- Mohammad A. Ashraf, A.Z. Rashed Osman, & Sarker Rafij Ahmed Ratan, (2016). Determinants of Quality education in Private Universities from student perspectives, Quality Assurance in Education, Vol. 24 No. 1, pp. 123-138. https://doi.org/10.1108/QAE-09-2013-0040. Scopus indexed.
- Z.M. Rassel Choudhury and Sarker Rafij Ahmed Ratan (2012). Estimating Dhaka Stock Market Volatility: A Comparison between Standard and Asymmetric GARCH Models, ABAC Journal Vol. 32 No. 2 (May-August), Assumption University, Thailand.
- Mohammad A. Ashraf and Sarker Rafij Ahmed Ratan (2009): The Frontiers of Micro credit Programs in Bangladesh: An Empirical Review. ABAC Journal, Vol. 29 No. 3 (September-December), Assumption University, Thailand.
- Nazim Uddin, Md. A. Hai, & Sarker Rafij Ahmed Ratan (2008). Sustainable strategies for Ready Made Garments Industry in Bangladesh: Focused on Labor-Employer Conflict and Political Vulnerability; Journal of Marketing, Vol. No. 11, (June), University of Dhaka, Bangladesh.
- Sarker Rafij Ahmed Ratan, S. Alam, and A. S. M. Shoheluzaman (2007): Innovation Strategy: A Realistic Example in Bangladesh Mobile Telecommunication Service Marketing. The Journal of Cost and Management, Journal of the Institute of Cost and Management Accountants of Bangladesh. Volume XXXV Number 1, January- February.
Published Conference Papers and Presentation:
- Sarker Rafij Ahmed Ratan, Huam Hon Tat, & Ts. Ahmad Sharuddin Abdul Latif (2020). Evaluating the Determinants of Consumer Purchase Behavior of organic Food by University Level students in Bangladesh. International Conference on Sustainable Development- 2020 (UIU-ICSD-019), Dhaka, Bangladesh.
- Sarker Rafij Ahmed Ratan, Huam Hon Tat, & Ts. Ahmad Sharuddin Abdul Latif (2020). Mediating Role of Purchase Intention and Healthy Lifestyle on Consumer Organic Food Actual Purchase Behavior in Bangladesh. PBS Research Colloquium (PURE) Series 2. UPM, Sardang, Malaysia.
- Sarker Rafij Ahmed Ratan, Huam Hon Tat, & Ahmad Sharuddin Abdul Latif (2019). Use of TPB in Understanding Consumer Behavior in Organic Food Purchase: A Case Study in Bangladesh, International Conference on Sustainable Development- 2019 (UIU-ICSD-019), Dhaka, Bangladesh.
- Sarker Rafij Ahmed Ratan, Huam Hon Tat, & Ts. Ahmad Sharuddin Abdul Latif (2019). Factors Influencing Consumer Organic Food Purchase Behavior in Bangladesh and the Mediating Role of Purchase Intention, Healthy lifestyle. PBS Research Colloquium (PURE) Series 1. UPM, Sardang, Malaysia.
- Sarker Rafij Ahmed Ratan (2017). Sustainable Supply Chain Practices in Leather Industry of Bangladesh: Current Scenario and Remedial Proposition, International Conference on Sustainable Development- 2017(UIU-ICSD-017). Dhaka, Bangladesh.
- Sarker Rafij Ahmed Ratan, Aicha Sekhari, Mijanur Rahman, Abdel Aziz Bouras, Yacin OUZROUT (2010). Sustainable Supply Chain Management: State-of-the-Art., International Conference on Software, Knowledge, Information Management and Applications (SKIMA 2010). Paro, Bhutan.
- Sarker Rafij Ahmed Ratan and Miguel Delattre (2010): “Pre-requisite of Change Management: A Case from Service sector in Bangladesh.” The third international conference and Doctoral consortium-2010. ISEOR- Jean Moulin University, Lyon, France.
- Shariful Alam and Keomony Lay and Sarker Rafij Ahmed Ratan (2007): Kaizen or Innovation? Finding a Better Fit for Bangladeshi Mobile Telecommunication Companies. The 4th International Conference on Innovation and Management (ICIM07), Yamaguchi University, Japan.
- Shariful Alam, A. Hai, M. N. Ahmed and Sarker Rafij Ahmed Ratan (2008): “Sustainable strategies for Ready Made Garments Industry in Bangladesh. Focused on Labor-Employer Conflict and Political Vulnerability”. The 5th International Conference on Innovation and Management (ICIM 2008), Maastricht, Netherlands.
- Sarker Rafij Ahmed Ratan and Shariful Alam (2007): “Integration of IT in Quality Management in Education: Bangladesh Perspective.” The Conference for Total Quality Management Implementation, the Bangladesh Society for Total Quality Management (BSTQM), Dhaka, Bangladesh.
- Recipient of Erasmus mundus scholarship in 2009-2010 sessions.
- Deans’ recognition for semester wise BBA result in Dhaka University
- Recipient of Government scholarship on SSC Result
- Recipient of Tangail district scholarship, District council of Tangail, Bangladesh.
- Consumer Behavior
- Integrated Marketing Communication
- Brand Management
- Marketing Management
- Introduction to Marketing
- Introduction to Business
- Business Communication
- Principles of Management
|Serial No||Amount Received||Year||Role in Research Grant||Research Granting Authority||Title of the project|
|1||BDT 900,000||2016||Research Assistance||Institute of Advance Research (IAR), UIU||Quality education and employee retention practices among Private Universities in Bangladesh: Mediating effects of organization commitment (OC) and perceived organizational support (POS) on HRM practices and employee retention|
|2||BDT 480,000||2016- 2017 (14 months)||Co- Investigator||Institute of Advance Research (IAR), UIU||Theory of Planned Behavior & Organic Food Purchase: A case Study in Bangladesh|
|3||BDT 499,000||2019- 2020 (13 months)||Principal Investigator||Institute of Advance Research (IAR), UIU||Behind Attitude and Purchase Intention: Factors Influencing Organic Food Consumption in Bangladeshi Retail Chain Users|