Alam, Md. Shariful, Ph.D.Professor & Deputy Director, BBA Program Mobile : +8801911291229Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
Doctor of Philosophy(PhD)
Year of passing: 2013
Result: Marks obtained 91.80%
Faculty: Management School
Institution: Wuhan University of Technology
Masters of Business Administration (MBA)
Duration : 03 Years
Year of passing : 2008
Result : Marks obtained 88.10%
Faculty : Management School
Institution : Wuhan University of Technology
Bachelor of Business Administration (BBA)
Duration: 04 Years (08 Semesters)
Year of passing : 2004
Result: CGPA-3.78 (out of 4.00),
Department: Marketing, Faculty of Business Studies
Institution: University of Dhaka
Diploma in Chinese Language
Year of passing : 2010
Result : Marks obtained 89%
Faculty : Center of Teaching Chinese
Institution : Wuhan University of Technology
Higher Secondary Certificate (HSC)
Year : Examination-1998
Group : Commerce
Result : 1st division, 2nd position in combined merit list(Marks obtained: 80.60%)
Institution : Govt. M.M. City College, Khulna
Secondary School Certificate (SSC)
Year : Examination-1996
Group : Social Science
Result : 1st division, 8th position in combined merit list (Marks obtained: 84.20%)
Institution : St. Joseph’s High School, Khulna
- Shariful Alam, M. (2013). “Measuring Service Quality and Customer Satisfaction Using SERVQUAL: An Empirical Study in Hospitality Industry of Bangladesh.” International Journal of Research in Commerce & Management.
- Shariful Alam, M., Wang, A., Rajib, M. S. U., &Sahabuddin, M. (2013). Destination on the Move in the Mind of People: Investigating Destination Image of the Tourists, European Journal of Business and Management, 5, 44-53.
- Shariful Alam M, Rajib MSU, Arefin MS. Cost of Quality Considering the Latent Variable: SMEs Sector of Bangladesh. 7th International Conference on Innovation & Management; December 4-5; Wuhan, China: Wuhan University of Technology Press; 2010.
- Shariful Alam M, Rajib MSU, Arefin MS. Critical Success Factors of Re-Engineering in the Production Process: SMEs Sector of Bangladesh. AMM Applied Mechanics and Materials. 2010;44-47:804-8.
- Shariful Alam M, Rajib MSU, Arefin MS. Cultural Transition and Innovative Entrepreneurship. 5th International Conference on Product Innovation and Management, Wuhan, PR China; 2010.
- Shariful Alam M, Ratan SRA. Integration of IT in Quality Management in Education- Bangladesh Perspective. 2nd National Annual Convention on Education-2007; Jointly organized by Bangladesh Society for Total Quality Management and Cambrian College; Dhaka, Bangladesh2007.
- Shariful Alam M, Keomony L, Varying Marketing Mix From Country to Country: A Realistic Example from Mercedes Brand. The 3rd International Conference on Innovation and Management IM-2006; 2006; Wuhan, PR China.
- Shariful Alam M, Keomony L, Ratan SRA, editors. Kaizen or Innovation? Finding a Better Fit for Bangladeshi Mobile Telecommunication Companies. The 4th International Conference on Innovation and Management (ICIM07); Yamaguchi University, Japan.
- Shariful Alam, M.,Rajib MSU, NasharAhmed (2013). Dyadic Relationship on Consumer Retention: An Assessment on Telecommunication Sector of Bangladesh. European Journal of Business and Management (Accepted).
- Ratan SRA, Shariful Alam M, Sohel-Uz-Zaman ASM. Innovation Strategy: A Realistic Example in Bangladesh Mobile Telecommunication Service Marketing. The Cost and Management, ICMAB, Bangladesh. 2007;35:49-58.
- UddinSajibMd Q, UddinRajib Md S, Shariful Alam M. An assessment on the adaptation of ISO 14000 in the fertilizer industry of Bangladesh for the sustainable development. Energy Procedia. 2011; 11:2480-8.
- Fan L, Rajib MSU, Alam MS. Business Process Re-engineering in the SMEs: Critical Success Factors Perspective of an Emerging Economy. Contemporary Business Studies. 2012.
- AbdulazizMubark M A, Shariful Alam M, Sahabuddin M, Saeed ASA. Measuring Service Quality: Realistic Example from the Hotel Industry. 2012 International Conference In Humanities, Social Sciences and Global Business Management (ISSGBM 2012); 2012 December 30-31; Singapore: Singapore Management and Sports Science Institute.
- AbdulazizMubark M A, ArifurRahman M, Shariful Alam M, Shahabuddin, editors. Determining Salient Characteristics of Chinese Tourists to Understand the Differences among the Groups. Proceedings of the 9th International Conference on Innovation and Management; 2012 November 14-16; Eindhoven, The Netherlands: Wuhan University of Technology Press, Wuhan, China.
- Rajib MSU, Shariful Alam M, Arefin MS, editors. Managing Rapid Change Through Re-Engineering: An Object Oriented Successful Implementation Perspective. 3rd International Institute of Statistics & Management Engineering Symposium, Weihai, China; 2010.
- Abu Saleh Md. Sohel-Uz-Zaman, XieKefan,Chen Yun and Md. Shariful Alam(2006) Knowledge Management and Innovation: A Tale of Successful Organisational Renewal, Proceedings of The Third International Conference on Innovation and Management , Wuhan, P.R. China, Vol. II, pp. 1230-1235.
- Li B, Shariful Alam M, Chen Y, editors. Marketing Implication of Lucky Number in China. The 4th International Conference on Innovation and Management (ICIM07); 2007; Yamaguchi University, Japan.
- Ahmed Saeed, A., Shariful Alam, M., Sahabuddin, M., &Akter, S. (2013). Relationship between Employee Recognition and Employee Contribution in Service Industry, International Journal of Business and Marketing Management.
Service Marketing, Service Quality, Brand Management, Consumer Behavior, Tourism.
Asst. Professor in School of Business and Economics, United International University since 2013
Lecturer in School of Business, Presidency University from 2008 to 2012
Awarded with Primary and Junior Scholarship (talent pool)
2nd and 8th position in HSC and SSC respectively
Awarded with SSC and HSC Scholarship
CSC scholarship for Masters and PhD