Md. Kaium Hossain graduated from Khulna University with a B.S.S in Economics. He received his MBA (Major in Marketing) also from Khulna University. He started his career as a Lecturer in Marketing. He is serving in the School of Business and Economics at United International University since 2010. He has been teaching marketing for almost twelve years at university level. His research interest includes tourism destination competitiveness, consumer buying behavior, informal business, and entrepreneurship.
MBA (Major in Marketing), 2007, Khulna University, Bangladesh, First Class – 4th Position.
BSS (4 Years Honors) in Economics, 2003, Khulna University, Bangladesh, First Class -7th
Higher Secondary Certificate (HSC), Science Group, 1997, Cantonment Public School and College, Khulna, Bangladesh, First Division.
Secondary School Certificate (SSC), Science Group, 1995, Rotary School, Khulna, Bangladesh, First Division with Star Marks.
04 February 2012 till date: Assistant Professor, School of Business and Economics, United International University, Dhaka, Bangladesh.
01 February 2011 – 03 February 2012: Senior Lecturer in Marketing, School of Business and Economics, United International University, Dhaka, Bangladesh.
06 October 2008 – 20 September 2010: Lecturer in Marketing, Faculty of Business Administration, Eastern University, Dhaka, Bangladesh.
30 December 2006 – 05 October 2008: Lecturer in Marketing, Business Administration Department, Asian University of Bangladesh, Dhaka, Bangladesh.
- Islam, S., Hossain, M. K. & Noor, M. E. (2017). Determining Drivers of Destination Attractiveness: The Case of Nature-Based Tourism of Bangladesh. International Journal of Marketing Studies 9(3): 10-23.
- Masum, M. H., Fakir, A. N. M. A. & Hossain, M. K. (2017). Multi-facet Performance Measurement System for Textile Industries: A Comprehensive Study from Bangladesh. Research Journal of Finance and Accounting 8(10): 95-104.
- Hossain, M. K., Siddique, P.J. & Islam, S. (2015). Socio-Economic Analysis of Informal Business Activities: A Case Study on Central Business District Area of Dhaka City. Developing Country Studies 5(7): 01-10.
- Ashraf, A. I., Osman, A. R. & Hossain, M. K. (2011). Quality Function Deployment on MBA Program: An Analysis. The AIUB Faculty Journal 3(1): 127-142.
- Haque, M. E. & Hossain, M. K. (2011). Impact of Stock Market Development on Economic Growth; Evidence from SAARC The Eastern University Journal 3(3): 01-13.
- Rahman, M., Hossain, M. M. M., Hossain, M. K. & Rahman, M.M. (2010). Utilization of Information by the Fish Farmers in Jessore Region of Bangladesh. International Journal of Animal and Fisheries Science 3(6): 357-363.
- Rahman, M. M., Rahman, S. M., Asad, M. A., Hossain, M. K. & Ahsan, M. N. (2009). Economic Analysis of Ornamental Fish Trade in Khulna District of Bangladesh. International Journal of Animal and Fisheries Science 2(2): 176 – 181.
Subjects Taught: Marketing Management, Consumer Behavior, Integrated Communication, Introduction to Marketing and Global Marketing.
Obtained Merit Scholarship from Khulna University during his study at Bachelor (BSS) and Masters Program (MBA).
Training, Summit, and Conferences
- Successfully completed the 42 hours long training course on “Research Methodology with SPSS” held from October 2014 to November 2014 organized by Institute of Business and Economic Research (IBER), United International University, Dhaka, Bangladesh.
- Successfully completed the Short Course on “Supply Chain Management “organized by Directorate of Continuing Education (DCE) of Bangladesh University of Engineering and Technology (BUET) held during 23-26 January 2013.
- Successfully completed the Short Course on “Project Management: Computer-based approach” organized by Directorate of Continuing Education (DCE) of Bangladesh University of Engineering and Technology (BUET) held during 27-30June, 2012.
- Successfully completed the 22nd Advanced Training Course on “Research Techniques in Social Sciences” held from April 04, 2010 to May 05, 2010 organized by Bureau of Economic Research, University of Dhaka, Bangladesh.
- He participated in the day-long training on “International Trade: Import-Export through L/C and without Opening of L/C” held on December 25, 2009 organized by Prothom-alo jobs at the Daily Prothom-alo Auditorium, Dhaka, Bangladesh.
World Marketing Summit (WMS)
- Being a faculty member of the United International University (UIU), he attended the first ever “World Marketing Summit-2012” organized by the Government of Bangladesh and Professor Philip Kotler (Founder & Chairman WMSG). It was held during 01-03 March, 2012 at Bangabandhu International Conference Centre (BICC), Dhaka, Bangladesh. The WMS 2012 featured more than 4000 participants, about100 international speakers and many high-ranked political figures; thus covering business, entrepreneurship, academia, public sector, science and technology, health, media, communication, and environment.
Being a faculty member of School of Business and Economics (SoBE) of United International University (UIU), I attended the International Conference of UIU titled “Sustainable Development” held from February 16, 2017 to February 18, 2017 at the UIU Auditorium, UIU, Dhaka, Bangladesh.
Being a life member of the Bangladesh Economic Association, he attended the 18th Biennial Conference of Bangladesh Economic Association titled “Global Economy and Vision 2021” held from September 13, 2012 to September 15, 2012 at Institution of Engineers, Dhaka, Bangladesh.
Being a life member of the Bangladesh Economic Association, he attended the 17th Biennial Conference of Bangladesh Economic Association titled “Economy at the Golden Jubilee of War of Liberation: Bangladesh, We Want to See” held from April 08, 2010 to April 10, 2010 at Osmani Memorial Auditorium, Dhaka, Bangladesh.
- He performed as an Assistant Proctor from February 06, 2010 to September 20, 2010 to maintain the law and order in the day to day activities of Eastern University.
- He was the founder of Eastern University Sports Club (EUSC) and also performed as a coordinator of EUSC from November 01, 2008 to September 20, 2010 and organized various games and sports events.
Bangladesh Economic Association (Life Member), Membership No. LM 1767
Extra-Curricular Activities during Student Life
- Performed role as a Coordinator, organizing committee of Industrial Tour of MBA 3rd Batch (2006), Business Administration Discipline, Khulna University, Bangladesh.
- Performed role as a Convener, organizing committee of Freshets’ Reception of 2nd Batch (2000), Economics Discipline, Khulna University, Bangladesh.
- Played role as a Captain (two times-2000 & 2002) of Economics Discipline’s cricket team in Inter-Faculty Cricket Tournament, Khulna University, Bangladesh.
- Played as a Member of Rotary School Cricket Team in Inter-School District Cricket Tournament in 1995.