Master in International Human Resource Management (MIHRM)
The Master in International Human Resource Management (MIHRM) program has been designed to comprehend the existing perspective of human resource professionals of Bangladesh and beyond to help and guide the local and global workforce. This program combines a mix of theory and practice and prepares students to work as HR professionals or people management within the global organizations. By studying this program, students will receive the grounding in the field of international HRM with a specific focus on its’ development into a strategic function within global organizations. As well as developing a comparative awareness of the various elements of HR practices. Students will be equipped with a range of analytical, diagnostic and facilitative tools to support their future work in international teams. This course will focus on case/project base approach of teaching. Country’s leading academic and HR professionals will deliver the courses.
OBJECTIVES OF THE PROGRAM
- To prepare the graduates to become globally competitive HR professional in the organizations;
- To provide a solid foundation where graduates would be able to develop local and global HR systems;
- To get the graduates equipped with a range of analytical, diagnostic and facilitative tools to support their future challenging works.
FEATURES OF THE PROGRAM
- First ever in Bangladesh in its kind approved by University Grants Commission;
- Courses will be taught by foreign faculty members, PhD degree holders, and practitioners having foreign degrees from reputed universities
- Exemption opportunities for BBA, MBA, PGDHRM and other relevant degree holders;
- Duration is minimum 16 (sixteen) months & maximum 42 (forty-eight) months;
- Classes to be held on Fridays and Saturdays only;
- Transport facilities;
- Affordable cost.
- Bachelor degree from a recognized university with a minimum GPA of 2.00 or above in a scale of 4.00, or at least second divisions/classes in all previous public exams.
- Applicants have to appear & pass the admission test followed by one-to-one interview.
- A student must complete at least 14 courses (42 credit hours including 6 credit hours thesis dissertation) to get MIHRM degree.
- Maintaining minimum CGPA of 2.5 out of 4 throughout the program in order to fulfill the minimum degree requirement.
- Completing at least 50 percent of the total courses in order to be eligible for certificate awarding from this university defined as residency requirement.
COURSE WAIVER & CREDIT TRANSFER
A student must have at least a grade of ‘B+’ or equivalent in a similar course from any reputed institution for course waiver. A student may avail waiver for a maximum of 4 (four) courses from both core and specialized courses. Credit transfer in cases of transferred students from reputed universities locally and globally may be allowed.
Graduates of PGDHRM will get course wavier maximum for 4 (four) courses. Graduates of BBA/MBA programs major in HRM will get course waiver maximum for 3 (three) courses and the same other than major in HRM will get course waiver maximum for 2 (two) courses as per the exemption criteria applicable for MIHRM program.
During the dissertation, students will have to work in a project as per the choice of a student in the field of HRM under the guidance from an academic supervisor and corporate mentor. Students who meet the relevant criteria may also have the opportunity to work with an external organization to tackle a critical business challenge. This project will provide opportunity to the students to apply their knowledge and skills developed during the program. The project usually will be of 4 months duration. This work experience helps you develop your technical, personal and key transferable skills while you gain a detailed insight into the dynamics of a particular business sector. Dissertation will be guided by an on-the-job mentor. Mentor’s evaluation would be included in determining students’ grades. The academic guide and the mentor should jointly monitor the progress of the students.